Sunday, October 12, 2008

Japanese Challenge #1

Konbanwa,

I'm going to post short challenges (semi-) daily to encourage continual learning. Foreign languages can't be learned by studying once or twice a week, so I encourage my students to practice as often as they can. The more your brain is confronted with words and phrases in the target language, the less time it will take for you to recall what you've learned. So then, here is Japanese Challenge #1. Good luck!
p.s. The answers will be posted sooner or later in the comments section.
p.p.s. Warning! This is somewhat casual, non formal Japanese, to be spoken with friends, not superiors.

1. Konnichiwa, genki?

2. Hai, genki desu.

3. Mou, tabemashita ka?

4. Uun, mada.

5. Ja, tabemashou.

6. Nani o tabetai?

7. Nandemo iiyo, hara hetta kara.

8. Sushi ni shimashou.

9. Yada, kinou tabeta. Yakiniku wa dou?

10. Iiyo. Anata no tanomi?

11. Jyoudan desuka?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. Hello, how's it going?

2. Great!

3. Did you eat yet?

4. No, not yet

5. Well then, let's eat.

6. What do you want to eat?

7. Anything, I'm hungry.

8. Let's do sushi.

9. Nah, I ate that yesterday. How about Yakiniku?

10. Sure. You buying?

11. You're joking, right?